Laven launches compliance hosting solution for investment managers
Posted on 31 May 2016
Addressing the pressing needs of start–up managers who are facing the increasing delays of FCA authorisation approvals, Laven Advisors, the regulated subsidiary of Laven Partners, is delighted to announce the launch of its new platform whereby UK-based investment managers will be able to conduct investment management activities under our MiFID regulated umbrella.
The platform comes as a natural product development to our existing “Appointed Representative” service offered by Laven Advisors, which has been FCA regulated since 2005 and hosting clients conducting distribution and advisory activity in the UK.
- Our client are able to manage their managed accounts and investment funds without the need to be directly regulated by the FCA.
- Our onboarding process lasts only a few weeks, compared to the FCA approval process, which lately tends to take as long as 8 months.
- Laven Advisors offers also an all-integrated suite of services, including a middle and back office infrastructure, the access to carefully selected service providers and as well as compliance support from Laven Partners.
Who is it for?
The solution is ideal for:
- Start-up managers, waiting for their FCA approval, who can start operating almost instantaneously though our platform
- Non-EU asset managers wishing to establish a presence in the UK, for whom we can host their local entity under our umbrella
- Clients of AIFM or UCITS platforms who can get the investment management status under our umbrella in order to benefit from the delegation arrangements of these platforms.
Answering the needs of the asset managers
Jerome Lussan, CEO of Laven Partners group, comments “We have been adding this service as an answer to the market demand. The long FCA approvals process is causing barriers to entry for emerging managers, when our solution contributes to further develop the asset management industry in London, thanks to a streamlined and efficient onboarding process which lasts only a few weeks. With this offering, we are glad to further address yet another regulatory challenge and deliver a turnkey operational solution to entrepreneurs starting on a new business opportunity.”