AIFMD Authorisation, Variation of Permission and Reporting
The AIFMD requires authorisation of Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFMs) with their local regulatory authority as well as an extensive upgrade to the internal policies of the organisation. Laven Partners provides a wide range of services from initial AIFMD authorisation, to Variation of Permission, to ongoing compliance support, Annex IV reporting and others. Our services include:
- Gap Analysis of the current structure and compliance arrangements against AIFMD requirements and industry best practice standards
- Pragmatic advice and upgrade of internal compliance policies including: Risk Management Framework, Remuneration Policy and Valuation Policy
- Updates to your compliance manual and other relevant policies to reflect the AIFMD’s requirements
- Laven Partners can assist with being an independent member of the Risk Management Committee or the Remuneration Committee.
- For EEA managers: Laven Partners empowers managers to navigate local distribution requirements and provides a passporting solution to EEA-AIFs wishing to access any European country, post-AIFMD. The service includes: registration of the non-EEA AIF with the relevant European local regulator as well as guidance through the local requirements such as the appointment of a “depositary lite” provider and / or the different gold plating requirements for each country.
- For non-EEA managers: Laven Partners offers a unique and dedicated platform to non-EEA manager wishing to market their non-EEA AIF in the EEA and Switzerland to qualified investors. Laven Partners facilitates the registration and provides assistance with ongoing reporting obligations.
Please see the AIFMD Distribution Registration solution for an overview of the process required in the main European countries, including any gold plating requirements for countries where the AIFM directive has been implemented.