Join Laven Partners’ Team
Our success is based on the diversity of our people. We recognise innovation and thrive on ambition. We have cultivated an exciting and rewarding environment which supports individual growth and offers unrivaled opportunities. Explore the benefits of a career at Laven Partners.
The challenges at Laven Partners are varied which provides our staff with an opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team. Enthusiasm and good communication are essential to our culture as they bring fresh ideas and innovative approaches that create opportunities and develop new markets.
Laven Partners is always interested in hearing from skilled and ambitious individuals who believe that their particular qualities will complement our existing team and contribute to the successes of our clients. If you just enjoy compliance and technology, do not hesitate to contact us.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions. Should you wish to apply for any of them, please email us at email@example.com attaching your CV as well as a cover letter.
Laven is a global regulatory firm offering a broad range of consulting services for the financial industry including unique regulatory technology as part of its FinTech developments. The group has operations in London, New York, and the Caribbean.
As our Accountant you will work with our ambitious and fast-growing team. Our clients are asset managers, brokers and other financial services institutions based in Europe and the US. We are focused on compliance solutions delivered via our proprietary regulatory technology and so the applicant will need to have an active interest in software and technology solutions and the desire to link regulatory advice with technology solutions.
Responsibilities of our Accountant will include:
- Preparation and review of monthly journals; prepayments, accruals, salaries and depreciation
- Roll forward of monthly reporting packages and preparation of accurate financial reporting packs for review
- Organising source documentation received from clients for processing
- Preparation of month end management accounts and reporting key financial performance statistics, producing monthly KPIs, production of sales invoices and credit control
- Coordinating annual audits and assisting senior management in preparing and reviewing budgets
- Improving the group’s systems and processes
- Reporting to the Financial Director
You will have the following skills, experience and attributes outlined below:
- Be educated to degree (2:1) standard
- Fully qualified or studying towards ACA/ACCA (PQ) and/or AAT qualified with the view of studying a further accounting qualification
- Minimum of two year of practical accounting experience
- Have a solid experience of accountancy software e.g. Sage, or equivalent bookkeeping software
- Clear and confident communication techniques and ability to feedback to all members of staff
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are only able to reply to the applicants that are successfully short listed, it is the policy of Laven Partners only to consider candidates with relevant accountancy and finance experience who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
If this is the Accountant role for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter.
Laven Partners Ltd is a global regulatory firm offering a broad range of consulting services for the financial industry including unique regulatory technology as part of its RegTech developments. The group has operations in London, New York, and the Caribbean.
As our Senior Compliance Consultant you will work within our ambitious and fast-paced team. Our clients are asset managers, brokers and other financial services institutions based throughout Europe and the US. We are focused on compliance solutions delivered via our proprietary regulatory technology, so the applicant will need to have an active interest in software and an aptitude to linking regulatory advice with technological solutions.
Responsibilities of our Senior Compliance Consultant will include:
- Supervising and providing support in the day-to-day activities of the regulatory technology team
- Taking responsibility for client projects and quality of the team’s client work
- Proactively building and maintaining client relationships
- Providing client advice on regulations and regulatory changes and helping clients implement compliance controls and procedures through regulatory technology
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of our regulatory technology products and services
- Assisting the design and delivery of regulatory trainings internally
- Assisting in any ad-hoc consulting or internal development projects as necessary
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the FCA regulations
To become our Senior Compliance Consultant you will have to have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- 3 years of experience in a compliance role within the asset management industry
- 2.1 or above in a relevant degree
- Experience within UK compliance covering asset management or other trading sectors
- Solid knowledge of the AIFMD and MiFID rules and the FCA Handbook
- Previous proven project management experience
- A pragmatic and common-sense approach to solving problems
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- IT proficient
- Good judgement
If this is the Senior Compliance Consultant role for you, please email email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter.
Laven are looking to recruit a dynamic professional with around 2 years’ experience in a sales role within the financial or related industry, ideally the asset management sector, to join our international team in London. Package will include a base of GBP27,000 to GBP32,000 depending on experience plus discretional bonus. Chance to benefit from group equity as well after one year.
With a global reach, the chosen candidate will be prospecting clients across multiple jurisdictions with the predominant focus currently being UK and US. The role will involve creating leads, following up on existing relationships and closing sales. You will be encouraged to participate in the development of the sales strategies and objectives, as well as taking responsibility for your pipeline of new business. The role may also involve some travel predominantly to Europe but also the US. The role will be varied and the chosen candidate must be confident promoting a variety of products to a range of clients. This is a hybrid role whereby the candidate can combine skills in both sales and marketing.
We are a boutique compliance consultancy which operates a flat hierarchy which allows ambitious individuals to progress quickly, and take on responsibility from an early stage. It is a role very well suited to anyone who thrives in a meritocratic environment. The team is comprised of compliance experts specialising in the FCA and SEC compliance, along with sales and marketing and the operations team. Laven also has a regulatory umbrella and a pioneering RegTech solution. Teamwork and culture is of huge importance at Laven and hence culture fit will be an important factor when selecting the chosen candidate.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Lead Generation – Identifying new commercial opportunities and conferences to market our products; cold calling and research; ensuring CRM is kept updated
- Securing meetings, preparing and presenting pitches and as well as following up and securing opportunities with new targeted companies
- Attending sales meetings and closing business contracts
- Developing Partners’ and channels’ Network (in particular Fund administrators, services providers such as prime brokers, depositaries, custodians, auditors, lawyers, etc)
- Attending events on behalf of the firm
- Follow and help set targets and sales plans and working towards achieving growing revenues
- Assisting with marketing effort, materials and company events
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- A degree with a 2.1 or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience in sales and development of marketing strategies
- Technical marketing skills
- Good networking skills
- Proven experience in working with targets and in a performance measurement environment
Key competencies include:
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Experience in telephone introductions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Proactivity and enthusiasm
- Innovation and creativity
- Willingness to assume responsibility early on
If this is the Sales role for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter.